Location: Vero Beach, FL
Position Type: Full-Time
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Demonstrates customer service by treating co-workers, residents, vendors, and others with respect, answering questions from team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints.
- Ensure compliance with Carter-Haston Company policy, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Controls expenditures by staying within the constraints of the approved budget and manages the balance and maintenance of the petty cash fund.
- Ensure compliance with all federal laws regarding Equal Housing and Equal Employment opportunity.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
- Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Approves invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
- Oversees the lease enforcement process by approving prospective resident applications, discounts, and renewal leases, conducts periodic apartment inspections, follows proper notice requirements, evicts residents, and imposes and collects late fees and other charges as allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
- Conducts the onboarding of new hires, coaching, training, LMS compliance, annual review/evaluations, employee corrective action, team meetings, timesheet audit, commission audit
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1 to 3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Exposure to property management software and accounting software. Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- Ability to review, understand and report financial information.
- A comprehensive understanding of marketing techniques and budgeting.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a timely and organized manner.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Must be able to tour the community with clients, which includes walking the property and climbing stairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suit.
BENEFIT WE PROVIDE YOU:
- Competitive compensations
- Career development
- 401K Plan with Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage, Basic Life Accidental Coverage and Life.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Apartment discount program
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits with Colonial Life
- Incentive and reward programs
- Employee Assistance Program