Property: Martin Flats - Nashville, TN
Position Type: Apartment Community (Service Maintenance)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Demonstrates customer service by treating co-workers, residents, vendors, and others with respect, answering questions from team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance service, and assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Ensure that each team member is trained by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure community compliance.
- Schedules pre-move-out inspections for our “market-ready” by creating a “punch” list for work needed. Then scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining supplies and materials necessary for completing all maintenance tasks doing a final inspection for efficiency.
- Assist with supporting expense control by fixing rather than replacing, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies and practicing safety requirements for the use of tools.
- Keeps adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to order supplies when needed within budgetary guidelines.
- Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curb, leasing office, garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to maintain resident satisfaction and a high-quality community.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring qualified individuals for an effective service and grounds staff.
- Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors, and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Investigate resident complaints concerning malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods and inspect vacated apartments to determine need for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that service requests are attended to in a timely and efficient manner and that corrective action is done as soon as possible.
- Perform or coordinate any necessary maintenance in the office, clubhouse, models, pools, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- One to three years related experience working in a multi-unit community.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Supervisory or management experience
- Train and development experience.
- Ability to create and administer appraisals.
- Ability to delegate work assignments of personnel.
- Able to be on-call for responding to after-hours emergencies.
- Plumbing and electrical experienced preferred.
- HVAC Certification
- EPA Certification
- Pool Certification
BENEFIT WE PROVIDE YOU:
- Competitive compensations
- Career development
- 401K Plan with Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage, Basic Life Accidental Coverage and Life.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Apartment discount program
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits with Colonial Life
- Incentive and reward programs
- Employee Assistance Program